Scholarship & Financial Aid
NUS Research Scholarships
The NUS research scholarships are available for qualified candidates. Applicants must possess at least a second upper class Honours degree to be eligible for the research scholarship.
Please visit the Registrar's Office website at http://www.nus.edu.sg/admissions/graduate-studies/scholarships-nrs2.php for further details of the research scholarship.
Application for the research scholarships can be submitted together with their online admission application.
Medicine Top Up
The School offers up to 5 "Medicine Top-Up" awards to the best Singaporean PhD research scholars with 1st Class Honours degree admitted with effect from August 2016.
The Medicine Top-Up awardees will receive a total monthly stipend of $3,500 at enrolment for a period of 4 years and an Education Allowance which comprise the following:
- Laptop and printer allowance up to $3,000
- Book and software allowance up to $3,000
- Conference/workshop/courses and scholarly activities allowance up to $10,000 per candidature
The award is renewable, subject to their satisfactory academic performance of achieving a CAP of ≥ 3.5 at the end of every semester.
Students are not required to submit a separate application for the Medicine Top-Up. The School will select the awardees and the shortlisted candidates will be informed of the award with the offer of admission.
Ong Hin Tiang PhD Scholarship
In 2013, the Ong Hin Tiang and Ong Sek Pek Foundation donated a gift to the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (YLLSoM) to award a research scholarship to one Malaysian candidate doing PhD studies in the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, working in Cancer Research and Geriatric Medicine.
The award is governed by the following conditions:
- The candidate must be a Malaysian citizen at the time of application and for the entire duration of the scholarship.
- The candidate must meet the prevailing YLLSoM admission criteria for PhD and award criteria for research scholarship as outlined at http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/postgrad/index.html.
- No award will be made unless there is a student of sufficient merit.
- The award cannot be held together with other scholarships or top-up funding.
Each Ong Hin Tiang Scholarship will provide the Scholar with the following:
- A monthly stipend of S$3,200
- Tuition fees at the University
- A one-off laptop allowance of up to S$2,000
- A book/software allowance of up to S$1,000
- Travel allowance to/from Singapore of up to S$1,500 and
- Conference allowance of up to S$10,000 for the period of the candidature
Click here to read more.
Other Financial Aids and Scholarships
Besides the NUS research scholarship, NUS has an array of financial assistance and scholarships/awards available to help graduate students finance their studies in the University. Graduate students can apply for the various financial assistance and scholarships to help them finance their studies in NUS.