Educational Background: Ph.D.
Position: Assistant Professor
Contact number/s: +65-6516-7617
Fax number: +65-6778 8161
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location of Office: MD9 Level 4
Location of Laboratory: MD9 Level 3
Name of Laboratory: Aging and metabolism Research Laboratory
Research Areas of Interest:
- Sex and Aging: How may sex differences interfere with biological aging? Would the sex also play a role in the responses to anti-aging interventions?
- Protein Homeostasis in Aging: How is protein quality control regulated during aging? Could target of protein quality control serve as a therapeutic approach against aging and related diseases?
- Sacropenia of Aging: What signaling pathways, if dysregulated, would lead to the pathogenesis of sacropenia? Could we promote longevity through maintaining healthier skeletal muscles?
- Dosage-dependent copy number gains in E2f1 and E2f3 drive hepatocellular carcinoma. Kent LN,* Bae S,* Tsai SY,* Tang X, Srivastava A, Koivisto C, Martin CK, Ridolfi E, Miller GC, Zorko SM, Plevris E, Hadjiyannis Y, Perez M, Nolan E, Kladney R, Westendorp B, de Bruin A, Fernandez S, Rosol TJ, Pohar KS, Pipas JM, Leone G. J Clin Invest. 2017 Jan 30. pii: 87583. doi: 10.1172/JCI87583. [Epub ahead of print] *Equal Contributions.
- Increased 4E-BP1 expression protects against diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance in male mice. Tsai SY, Rodriguez AA, Dastidar SG, Del Greco E, Carr KL, Sitzmann JM, Academia EC, Viray CM, Martinez LL, Kaplowitz BS, Ashe TD, La Spada AR, Kennedy BK. Cell Rep. 2016 Aug 16;16(7):1903-14.
- Muscle-specific 4E-BP1 signaling activation improves metabolic parameters during aging and obesity. Tsai SY, Sitzmann JM, Dastidar SG, Rodriguez AA, Vu SL, McDonald CE, Academia EC, O'Leary MN, Ashe TD, La Spada AR, Kennedy BK. J Clin Invest. 2015 Aug 3;125(8):2952-64.
- Emerging roles of E2Fs in cancer: an exit from cell cycle control. Chen HZ, Tsai SY, Leone G. Nat Rev Cancer. 2009 Nov;9(11):785-97.
- Mouse development with a single E2F activator. Tsai SY, Opavsky R, Sharma N, Wu L, Naidu S, Nolan E, Feria-Arias E, Timmers C, Opavska J, de Bruin A, Chong JL, Trikha P, Fernandez SA, Stromberg P, Rosol TJ, Leone G. Nature. 2008 Aug 28;454(7208):1137-41.
Oon Chiew Seng Fellow in Medicine (Women’s Health & Ageing Science), 2017-2019
Keystone Symposia Scholarship. "The Crossroads of Lipid Metabolism and Diabetes” Copenhagen, Denmark, April 19- April 24, 2015
NIH Training Grant RL9 AG032114, 2011-2013
Keystone Symposia Scholarship. “ Deregulation of Transcription in Cancer: Controlling Cell Fat Decisions” Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland June 21- June 26, 2009