Research Areas of Interest:
- Epigenetic regulation of skeletal muscle differentiation and regeneration
- Chromatin signalling networks in myopathies
- Bharathy N. Suriyamurthy S, Rao VK, Lim HJ, Chakraborty P, Vasudevan M, Dhamne A, Chang K, Lee V, Kundu T, Taneja R. (2016) P/CAF mediates PAX3-FOXO1 dependent oncogenesis in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma. J Pathology (in press).
- Rao VK, Ow JR, Shankar S, Bharathy N, Manikadan J and Taneja R. (2016) G9a promotes proliferation and inhibits cell cycle exit during myogenic differentiation. Nucleic Acids Research (in press).
- Lysine methyltransferase G9a methylates the transcription factor MyoD and regulates skeletal muscle differentiation. Ling B, Bharathy N, Chung T-K, Kok WK, Li SD, Tan YH, Rao VK, Gopinadhan S, Sartorelli V, Walsh MJ, and Taneja R. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (USA) 2012. 109:841-846.
- Stra13 regulates oxidative stress mediated skeletal muscle degeneration. Vercherat C, Chung T-K, Yalcin S, Gulbagci N, Gopinadhan S, Ghaffari S and Taneja R. Human Molecular Genetics 2009. 18:4304-4316 (featured on journal cover).
- Stra13 regulates satellite cell activation by antagonizing Notch signaling. Sun H, Li L, Vercherat C, Gulbagci N, Acharjee S, Li J, Chung T-K, Thin T, and Taneja R. J. Cell Biol. 2007 177:647-57.
- Defective T-cell activation and autoimmune disorder in Stra13-deficient mice. Sun H, Lu B, Li R-Q, Flavell RA, and Taneja, R. Nature Immunology 2001. 2:1040-1047.
- Stra13 expression is associated with growth arrest and represses transcription through histone deacetylase (HDAC) dependent and HDAC independent mechanisms. Sun H and Taneja R. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci (USA) 2000 97:4058-4063.
bHLH Transcription Factors in Development and Disease. 2014 (Current Topics in Developmental Biology, Vol. 110). Editor: Reshma Taneja, Publisher: Academic Press, Elsevier Inc
Nuclear Receptors In Development. 2006 (Advances In Developmental Biology, Vol. 16). Editor: Reshma Taneja, Publisher,: Elsevier Press
2014 NGS Teaching Commendation Award
2013 NGS Teaching Commendation Award
2012 Faculty Research Excellence Award, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
2002-2007 Scholar Award, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, USA
2001-2002 Charlotte-Geyer Foundation Award, USA
1998-2001 Basil O’Connor Research Award, March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation, USA
1998-1998 Dean’s Research Incentive Award, USA
1996-1997 University Louis Pasteur Fellowship, France
1995-1996 Bourse de Directeur d’Equipe, Poste Rouge, CNRS, France
1993-1995 Fondation pour la Recherche Medicale, France
1993- Gold Medal, awarded for the best Ph.D. Thesis, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
1987-1993 Predoctoral Fellowship, University Grants Commission, India
1984- Gold Medal, awarded for highest university ranking in B.Sc. India.)