Research Assistant/Research Associate (Carlos Ibanez Lab @ NUS)
Work at the laboratory focuses on under standing the functions and signaling mechanisms of neuronal growth factors and their receptors in neural development, injury responses and metabolic regulation, for the development of better therapies to diseases of the nervous system and metabolism.
- Assist in running research study protocols using transgenic mouse as working model, including studies on the Sacropenia of aging and protein homeostasis in aging and aging-related disease.
- Learn and develop new methodologies on aging research.
- Work and communicate with colleagues on collaborative projects.
- Work with and handle laboratory animal (mice).
- Other duties include general lab management and training of staff and students as needed.
- A Research Assistant /Associate is currently being recruited to our laboratory in the Centre for Life Sciences, NUS campus. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, serviceminded person, with a solid research background in molecular biology, tissue culture, histological techniques and/or mouse genetics methods. He/she will have a strong presence in the laboratory by assisting the group with experimental lab routines, including by assisting the group with experimental lab routines, including maintenance of mouse colonies, genotyping, histological studies, molecular biology and cell culture experiments, and as well as conducting research together with other lab members or independently.
- Applications including CV and names plus email addresses of three referees should be sent by email before December 31st to Prof. Carlos Ibanez firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit our webpage www.carlosibanezlab.se/NUS.