The NUHS Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology offers Clinical Fellowships for both local and overseas candidates. Such fellowships help the individual to:
- gain exposure to medical training in Singapore
- upgrade one's medical skills
- network with clinicians/scientists in Singapore and the region
There will be no financial commitment by the Hospital.
Length of training period
Period of training will be from 6 months to a maximum period of 12 months, subject to conditions set out by National University Hospital (NUH), Singapore Medical Council (SMC) and the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
- Has a recognized medical degree for temporary medical registration with Singapore Medical Council
- At least 3 years' experience as a Medical Officer after Housemanship / Internship
- Fluent in English and has passed TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Good academic record and at least 2 referees' reports
- Not more than 35 years of age
- Citizenship of other countries or permanent residents of Singapore
- Has a training pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower in Singapore
- Has health insurance cover
- Has valid malpractice insurance cover
- Option of interview may be exercised by a panel chaired by the Chief of Department. Candidate bears the expenses for interview.
- Final selection will be decided by the NUH Appointment, Accreditation and Promotion Committee.
- The NUH Fellowship Desk will assist to obtain medical registration and training pass after the application is successfully recommended by the department.
- All candidates applying for Clinical Fellow (Honorary) are required to submit full personal particulars, professional qualifications, 2 referees' reports (your referees must be able to vouch for your work performance and character) and career history with medical testimonials, certificates of registration with the relevant supporting documents, letters from relevant sponsors (if applicable), a recent passport size photograph, email address and a non-refundable administrative fee of S$100.00 payable to "National University Hospital (S) Pte Ltd." Indicate on reverse side of cheque / bank draft: NUH Fellowship Desk, Medical Affairs Department.
- Candidates must have valid health insurance cover and are Varicella screened and immunized for chicken pox. Please produce copies of the certificates for our record.
- Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
- 7 days annual leave for 6 complete months of training
- Candidates will be given a certificate to certify that they have completed their attachment in NUH upon completion of training. Candidates who prematurely terminate their training will not be entitled to this certificate.
- Only Clinical Fellows (Honorary) are eligible to Night Duty Allowance at MSO Grade 4 rate, i.e. S$210 per night for stay-in weekday calls and S$300 per night for stay-in weekend calls, subject to department's approval.
- Candidates are not eligible to any bonus payable or any benefit / privilege extended by the Hospital to its employees.
General Requirements for Temporary Medical Registration
- All applications for Clinical Fellow (Honorary) must be approved by Singapore Medical Council.
- The doctor must have a basic medical degree from an accredited medical university or medical school;
- The doctor must have evidence of at least 12 months housemanship / internship with a certificate of satisfactory completion of housemanship or equivalent.
- The doctor must have been registered as a medical practitioner in the country where he/she is currently practising as a medical practitioner;
- The doctor must have been certified to be of good standing by the Medical Council or the relevant national authority.
Additional Criteria from Singapore Medical Council
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a medical officer (or equivalent);
- Fulfill English Language requirements of SMC (Foreign-trained doctors from medical schools where the medium of instruction is not English will be required to pass an English proficiency test, e.g. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test [at least band score 7] or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) [at least 250 marks for computer – based test, 600 marks for paper-based test or 100 marks for internet-based test] or Occupational English Test (OET) [at least Grade B]
- Preferably have obtained a postgraduate diploma or degree in his/her country
- As a Clinical Fellow (Honorary), the doctor will be allowed to be involved in patient care and make entries in patients' case note, communicate care plans to patients and fellow healthcare professionals and perform procedures under direct supervision or Level 1 supervision.
For more information on temporary medical registration by Singapore Medical Council, please refer to http://www.smc.gov.sg
All candidates and their supervisors are required to complete training feedback form and SMC's assessment report and return them to Medical Affairs (Education) Department, before the end of the training.
Renewal of Application
S$50 will be charged for the renewal application. All cheques are to be made payable to "National University Hospital (S) Pte Ltd".
NUHS O&G Sub-Specialties
For enquiries, please email to email@example.com