From left: Bian Jinsong, Peter Wong, Mitchell Lai, Gavin Dawe, Judy Sng, Low Chian Ming. Christopher Chen & Tan Chay Hoon (inset)
Selected Research Interests and Highlights
- Advances in the diagnosis, epidemiology, neuroimaging and prevention strategies for vascular cognitive impairment.
- Role of H2S in ischaemic injuries and the therapeutic potential of inhibiting production of H2S.
- Neuroprotective effects of H2S in Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Postmortem human brain studies of neurochemical markers and mechanisms of dementia.
- Stapled peptide ligands for the Relaxin-3/RXFP3 system as a novel target for neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Novel, non-amyloidogenic functions of the amyloid precursor protein.
- Chemical biology and drug design for glutamate receptor and phospholipase A2 targets in pain.
- Epigenetic regulation of visual and somatosensory cortical neuroplasticity.
- The study of the use of ginseng and ginseng products in Singapore
Selected Awards, Honours & Prizes
- Distinguished Neuroscientist Award, Singapore Neuroscience Association, 2014 (Peter Wong)
- GlaxoSmithKline Academic Centre of Excellence Research Awards, 2010 (Chris Chen and Gavin Dawe)