For NUS Staff and Students
WIN $20 shopping vouchers (2 winners)!
- Download file .
- Save your entries & send them with your personal particulars & contact no. to TP Lim (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 31-12-2006.
- These items must be disposed in special bins
- All labs must keep this regarding all incidences of accidents in the laboratory
- These must be thoroughly washed before leaving the laboratory
- Workers handling lab animals must be vacinated against this
- For overnight operation of equipment, how many hours must it operate for under exact conditions before leaving it to run unattended?
- Carbon monoxide does not have colour and this
- These electrical items must not run along the floor where they will be a tripping hazard
- Operation of hot plates with corroded bimetallic thermostats can cause this
- This protection should be worn at all times when handling cryogenic liquids such as liquid nitrogen
- This must be worn to prevent contamination of the hands when conducting experiments in the lab
- Container of compressed gas which can pose both chemical and physical hazards
- Keep rotors of centrifuge clean and this to prevent corrosion
- Immediately begin this procedures under the direction of the Radiation Safety Officer if a spill involving radioisotopes occurred
- A periodic inventory of these materials in the laboratory must be maintained
- The microwave oven is often used to do this to solutions
- If heating devices such as hot plates & oven are this or damaged that its heating element is exposed, the device must be discarded or repaired before use again
- Experiments involving this which can be toxic or irritating must be conducted within a chemical fume hood
- Biological wastes must be decontaminated with 10% bleach before this
- Check electrical cables regularly for signs of wear and this
- Switch off defective equipment, this and tag it before sending for the service engineer
- Biological safety cabinet in short
- Buckets, safety trunnion cups, or heads must be this to prevent the escape of aerosols and liquids when using the centrifuge
- File a copy of this (abbreviation) for all laboratory chemicals
- This Act (abbreviation) controls environment pollution
- This is required for all storage vessels containing radioactive materials
- This filter is found in the biological safety cabinet